Spanning my little universe, here are my top 10 picks over the weekend:
10. Okay.... So we hopefully have put to bed which side you preside on regarding the 'Jay Cutler' injury-gate...we can move on to Super Bowl Week! Top wagers? How long will Christina Aguilera hold the last note of 'Free'... What will Fergie be wearing? Suzie's slant- Will Big-Ben be able to resist temptation and keep his dick in his pants!
9. NHL All-Star weekend! And the teams will be... What? It's not released? It's a what? Two All-Star Captains get to pick??? Wait.... is this Top Chef or NHL? Am I back in grade school where we stand in line hoping we don't get picked last for kick ball? Huh.... This is different: Well Team Lidstrom rallied to beat Team Staal 11-10 (I take it, goalies took a day off) follow the story at nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=551059
8. Speaking of All-Star games, NBA has their All-Star starting line-ups. One player that stood out like a sore thumb (or actually foot) was Yao Ming being voted as starting Center for the West... Suzie's Slant- Ummm... yeah... Yao Ming is out for the Season? There is even a question of him possibly being done? I'm just curious NBA voters... How does THAT Happen? Oh yeah... internet, globalization and China having the most people to go online and vote... Really??? Well, I hope Monta Ellis gets a look! He's only is in the Top 5 in scoring, minutes played, and FG% in the NBA...
7. One more plug for the NBA... My dear friend, let's call him bobo, sent my a heartwarming article on Chicago Bulls own Derrick Rose. I was chatting with a wanker the other day, when I asked him if he is an NBA fan and he deadpan replied, 'They all should be obliterated! They are a league of thugs and delinquents!' I was quite thrown back; I mean I know they are going overboard with the tattoo thing but you can't unilaterally bunch them all together! And then, bobo blessed me with this story! I love perfect timing: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6055329
6. There has been a regional debate heating up surrounding the announcement of Showtime filming a show surrounding the 2010 San Francisco Giants World Champions... With little detail or exact content, you can only imagine what thoughts of grandeur arose in many of us fans minds! It has made for great radio and debate, though... Well, Larry Baer appeared on Chronicle Weekend to give us a little more insight: csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=xuStn1YLSrDrhA9mhTr39seGFWyI7V4d
5. Being a Warriors fan, we ENJOY seeing that dominating team in Southern California, 'Lakers' get humbled now and again. I was happy to see Sacramento surprise the Lakers on Friday beating them 100-95... and Icing on the cake was seeing Celtics waltz in on Sunday slapping them with another loss, 109-96! Suzie's Slant- Another opportunity for Shaq to ask Kobe upfront and personal how his ass tastes... I wonder what the Black Momba's reply was? Hmmm.... Alligator? Chicken?
4. Madison Square Garden has witnessed activity this week that has been missing for a while... The New York Knicks are beginning to turn their Season around, surprising their fans! And.... for the first time in 8 years, Chris Mullen's Red Storm Alma Matter, St. John's BEAT Coach K and Duke! Actually, spanked them 93-78!
3. The Golf World was excited and anticipating Tiger Woods first Event of the 2011 Season! Here we are finally past the revelation of an unperfect man, a dissolved marriage, and now.... we can finally get the dominating golfer back! Torrey Pines! A perfect course for him to begin again! He'd dominated here on so many occasions! Right? Yet.... as fast has his first round report came.... is how fast he faded into the pack come Saturday. The story belonged to Rookie Jhonny Vegas, hometown hero Lefty Mickelson, and a charming Southern boy who just lost his father, Bubba Watson. It came down to the final hole! Jhonny had to Birdie to win and he would be the first Rookie since Dave Duvall to shoot out of the gates with back to back wins... Lefty had a chance to lay up and hole the ball to beat Bubba.... Incredible Drama down to the end, and Tiger no where in site! Oh, Bubba Watson tearfully accepted the win at Torrey Pines
2. History was made and Great Britain held their breath hoping for history at the Final Singles matches at Australian Open, in Melbourne. Li Na, not only the first Chinese to make a final in a Grand Slam event, she was the first Asian to make it! She came up on a fierce competitor, a mother, Kim Clijsters of Belgium, who took three sets to win the match! It was Li Na's Anniversary as well! And then there was Andy Murray and Novak Djokavic. Both, 23 and grew up playing one another, I have an inkling this may become a rivalry of the upcoming decade. The weight of a Country on the shoulders of Andy Murray may have bogged him down; Djokavic won in straight sets! A vibrant energetic Scotsman all but disappeared... I hope he reappears at Wimbledon- I think it would be fitting he win at home! A Brit hasn't won since 1936!
1. The agony and glory made headlines at 2011 X-Games! In the Skier X Women's Final, The skier who slid first after a glorious crash wins! Serwa amazingly slides across finish line winning, and finally waving Canada's flag in celebration! A must see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usZk7Fz5s0